View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknchromehemi View Post
yes they have three prong outlets... but i wouldnt go through all the trouble of retro fitting. go to lowes or home depot they sell little adapters that give you three prong female and two prong male and keep in your glove box
Thanks for the confirmation. I have used them, but I wasn't asking how I could plug a three prong plug into a two prong outlet. I posted my question here because I specifically wanted to know about the part. I'm looking to upgrade the whole system not just the outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Online Parts View Post
Well whats odd is that the same part number outlet is used from 10-12 so I am doubting the 12 is any different.

Now the 2013 does show a new number 68159295AB but whether it can be retrofitted or not is unknown. And technically unless the ground is provided on back of the outlet there will be no ground protection which would be the same as blacknchromehemi mentioned by just plugging in an adapter.

-Benny
The difference between the adaptor and the outlet being convenience and looks though, but my reason for asking the question was more than that.

The current inverter setup doesn't meet my needs and I was thinking of upgrading the inverter to an aftermarket one. If I could swap my two prong outlet for a factory three prong I could maintain the factory look and convenience even though I've upgraded the inverter. The wiring isn't a problem because the new inverter would have the ground.

I doubt the '13 can be retrofitted but all the info I see on the '12 shows a three prong as well. (confirmed by blackchromehemi and others) Since the dash didn't change (and it doesn't look like the plug changed much either except for the three prong) I was hoping it could be fitted to the earlier dash. I assume if it could be found the bezel around it would also need to be changed but neither part looked to be too expensive.

Is there anyway to check this further?

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!