Old 05-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Sport 5.7L Hemi
Trim Level: Sport Quad Cab
Color: Mango Tango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:98
MangoTangoMofo will become famous soon enough

I wouldn’t say that the factory exhaust flows decent… it’s really restrictive! Check out this thread where another member cut his open so we could all see for ourselves:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=71371

On a different note Gibson makes excellent products, they just aren’t super popular on this forum. Most people here lean towards Magnaflow and Flowmaster. If you are looking for an excellent sounding full Cat-Back exhaust system that’s similar to what you heard on your buddies ford the Magnaflow kit is great! Plus and you get some fantastic looking tips to go along with it.

I did it on the cheap and installed the muffler and deleted my resonators essentially duplicating the sound for the price. The muffler has a 5x11x22” case and the part number is 12588 if you’re curious. My truck has a very deep muscular sound to it and it screams when you put the pedal to the floor. However while cruising there is absolutely zero drone in the cab and you have to be purposely listening for the exhaust to hear it. One of the key things to remember while looking at mufflers is that it’s not only the length that determines the sound, it’s also the case size. The main reason the Magnaflow cat-back, and the muffler I chose are better for eliminating cabin drone is the fact that it uses a 5x11 case vs the standard 5x8.

HOWEVER sound is subjective and everyone has a different opinion as to what constitutes “drone” and the level of noise that they are expecting to get out of their system. If you want to have fun killing time youtube a bunch of different exhaust set ups to get a better idea of what you’re looking for, but my vote from what you described is the Magnaflow Cat-Back.

Happy hunting!

5x11x22 Magnaflow with a resonator delete // Rough Country 2.5F&1.75R level kit // 17 XD Cranks // 35x12.5x17 Toyo MT's // Air Lift 1000 // Armor Thane bed liner // Century Ultra Sport Canopy // Yakima Roof Rack // Mopar side steps // Custom Browning Mudflaps

Last edited by MangoTangoMofo; 05-23-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: I can't spell