View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 02:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the RHR & RER 730N radios do use the Navteq Navigation
they also have everything built into the radio

the RHB 430 has the better Garmin Navigation
BUT, it it has to have an EXTERNAL Uconnect Module
it can cost as much as $350

If you go to eBay & purchase the RHB 430N , i have seen then as cheap as $500
the then External module cost of possibly $350

You could recover a lot of the cost by selling the 730N
you would not have to go to the dealership to get a used unit flashed in, usually

if you are considering a change, i suggest going to the Crutchfield web site
pick the options that you want/need
look for one that they say FITS
unless you are willing to do some minor trimming inside the dash & getting a Double Din radio Bezel & getting a better after market radio that REALLY suits your needs

a load of people want to buy your 730N radio, ask around on here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as a side note:
i may research a lot on the MYGIG radios
but XSDBS is the Real GURU, he actually tries the MYGIG radios out for himself, just to answer your questions
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 05-24-2013 at 03:05 AM.