Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
tonyb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparMadness08 View Post
I tried to get mine installed when i did my magnaflow muffler and they said it was a waste of time. All they could do was keep telling me why i shouldnt do it. Most exhaust shop guys i have dealt with are idiots. I still havent had it put on. I just dont want to deal with the next idiots at another shop.
I was in the same boat, so ended up using Stainless Exhaust Band Clamps
http://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=114, over a year later still seem to be holding up well. Originally I was going to use the magnaflow Y-pipe, but since could not find a shop to welded in, I got frustrated and went all out - got two 5' length of 2.5" stainless pipe and dual in/ dual out stainless magnaflow muffler with internal X. So in my opinion it ended up better off at least for now. All that still cost less than exhaust shop was asking to weld in the Y-pipe, and doing it yourself - priceless.

I think the reason why they seem to hold up well is that the band clams don't support anything, they are there to just seal the connections. I don't have any butt type, they are all lap-joint type as each exhaust pipe fits inside the other. Don't even try to use cheap pipe expander, i broke two, then ended up getting Lisle exhaust pipe expander, they are high quality made in the USA ones.