View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

to save a bunch of typing, I'll just quote myself ...from 2 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Is there a performance parts shop or local track in your area?
Someone there should be able to direct you to someone who knows a good shop to use.

My 4x4 was done at a quality shop that knew as soon as I asked for a Y-pipe install,
that I would also want mandrel bent stainless steel pipe sections to replace the squash bent sections they remove for a smoother flow.

Stock crush bent y-pipe:

New Magnaflow Y $27

The cheap crushed bent aluminum bargain exhaust shop crap would defeat the purpose of doing a performance Y install (IMHO).
Why? because a single crushed 90 bend can decrease flow by almost 20% , add up a number of bends and you just wasted your money.

Here's mine installed with 2 large smooth transition Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel sections (only $15 ea)

So about $60 in parts, and no more than $90 in labor to get it done right.

Had mine done at a shop that specializes in performance exhaust
...not Midas or Speedy, sometimes to get quality work done with good parts you have to pay a premium,
labor could easily reach $150 alone for 3 good cuts and 3 good welds done right.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP