View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1463
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Paul - Thanks for the idea.. I didn't know the dealer has the ability to delete the seat belt chime.. I'll let you know how that request works out..

GT - Thanks for the info! So it sounds like I wouldn't lose any of the features I've come to love in my 730N IF the dealer says they can't fix the USB problem with it and they exchange it for the 430N (if they go for that request).

If I do change it, it will only be because the dealer cannot fix the current problem with my existing 730N unit. When they said it might come to installing a new radio unit altogether.. I started thinking that would be my chance to request they install a 430N instead of another 730N. I would think it would be a cheaper option for them.. but maybe not. Doesn't hurt to ask. So, if they can repair my current unit, then I will keep it. It's not a terrible radio.. just personal preference on the nav is all.

Also, as much as I would love to sell the 730N if the dealer does the swap for me.. I don't think I would get to keep the old 730N unit and I wouldn't feel comfortable selling something that didn't work as it should (USB port reading problems).

I'm off to my appt now.. I'll report back in a bit!