View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Update..

No go on the DRLs. Ah well. I'll live.

Thanks to PaulMys, I asked if they could turn the seat belt chime off for me in the computer.. and they did! Woot!

Lance (service manager) could not get the USB ports to recognize inserted thumb drives (formatted correctly and should've worked) so he is making a few calls to the "Chrysler Gurus" and I should hear back from him next week about this.

We tested my phone connected via USB port and it worked.. but only for music.. not pictures. All of the thumb drives we tried contain both music and picture files and the radio wouldn't recognize the thumb drives at all. He believes we will most likely be replacing the entire unit due to the software being up to date.. seems like a hardware issue to him. Me.. no idea!

I tossed the idea of replacing with a 430N unit.. nope. Chrysler looks at VINs and sends the exact same unit if a replacement is warranted. I would have to pay for the 430N out of pocket. No thanks.. Garmin ain't that important to me.

So, I shall give updates as I receive them myself.

And I came home to a wonderful sight on my front porch.. about to break the box open and read up on how to get these bad boys on my truck either tonight (almost four more hours of sunlight today) or tomorrow! Stay tuned!