Old 05-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
mids will become famous soon enough

If you have any leather, and want the "good" new car scent back, I would suggest using these two products from Zaino Bros. Z-9 which is a leather cleaner, and Z-10 which is a leather conditioner. I have no affiliation with Zaino Bros, other than being very impressed with those two products.

I have to agree with ramaries.

If ozone can eliminate strong/difficult to remove odors, such as cigarette smoke, it should almost definitely take care of any other type of odor --at least temporarily, inside your vehicle. There are a few cases where the odor may come back, typically odors that are deeply embedded inside plastics, rubbers, etc., or if the odor is coming from something actually decomposing inside your vehicle like leaves, an animal, etc.

Ask a professional automotive detailer in your area, if they either do, or know of anyone who does, ozone treatments. There are a few health hazards to be cautious of, since ozone is a strong oxidizer. Another hazard, is that if used too many times, or allowed to build up to too high of a concentration in the vehicle's interior, it can oxidize seals, plastics, rubber, etc.

The smell of ozone, is similar that electric smell after a lightening storm. In fact, after a lightening storm, you are smelling the ozone created by lightening. The smell goes away, after the ozone is evacuated from the interior of the vehicle.

Last edited by mids; 05-24-2013 at 08:52 PM.