Old 05-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

I bought the filter from kmjperformance off EBay. 52 bucks shipped. Not too bad, a bit high on price, but it is a quality product. I have used several K&N filters over the years, this green filter appears to be much better quality. I have only made one 20 minute drive to work with it, so I can't say anything on performance yet. The stock air filter is a cheap pos and was very dirty for 10k miles of city/highway driving. I highly recommend everyone take a close look at theirs' at 10k, it just goes to show how much air these hemi's like to use.
On to the oil, I am glad I broke down and changed it myself, about 5 (very brown)quarts came out with only 4k miles of use on it. I'd like to to know what happened to the other 2 quarts!? I will be keeping a close eye on consumption. I know this oil is thin so it can easily get sucked through the pcv and possibly blow by the oil rings under hard driving... which I am guilty of! hehe
The hemi thanked me for the fresh air filter and good oil. She already ran smooth but i swear it is running smoother. I've seen the same results before switching a fairly new engine from dino. to syn. oil. So no surprise there.
I'll update this thread after a I get a full tank of 89 octane w/no ethanol through her.
Green Performance sent plenty of nice stickers too, always a plus. They go on my tool box, not my ride btw.
BTW part no. is 2232 for the green filter, it fits 2002-2012 Ram 1500 and 2500 according to the manufactuer.

Last edited by S.C. Express; 05-24-2013 at 11:21 PM.