View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 01:27 AM
padailey padailey is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Posts: 3
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1999-2000 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual)
Rep Power: 0
padailey is on a distinguished road
Default Totaled 1999 2500 diesel... need help!

Ok so my son had an accident with my truck. He was hit on the drivers side and both doors (quad cab) need some work along with some minor work on the front quarter and bed. Doors close fine just dented up. Front needs a new upper control arm and ball joint. So I'm trying to get everything fixed a cheaply as possible. I'm not sure how much the body work will cost but have some body shop buddies that can help me out so I think that can be done fairly resonably. Can also fix the front myself but wondering where I can get some cheap parts. I've found some reasonably priced control arms but not sure about the brands (Dorman, Mevotech, etc..). For instance at Oreilly's the upper control arm is $197 but I think comes in pairs... but I've found single ones (Mevotech) for around $100.

So any advice on getting this fixed on the cheap and where to get some parts would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh after the buyback I should have about $5700 for the fix. I'd like to do it for $3000 or less if possible.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored links