Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:175
K9ENDY has a spectacular aura aboutK9ENDY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
...to check how much your insurance will be!!

I contacted my insurance company (Allstate) with the exact VIN of the truck I was looking at. They quoted me a whopping $200 (With a $1000 deductible.) per month! I had been with them for almost ten years. I had my house insurance with them. I have had (As my new agent at State Farm put it "squeaky clean") no violations on my record, ever.

When I balked at the price they did the "We'll see what we can do." They came back with a $146 quote. Why the hell didn't you say that at first? Not that it was all that better

So I told Allstate to put insurance on the new truck when I bought it since I was driving 3 hours with the new truck to bring it home.

The next day I went shopping for insurance. State Farm quoted me $66 (With only a $500 deductible.) a month for the truck and they shaved $10 a month off my house insurance. So, I had to cough up another $400 for first month, last month etc.

I couldn't believe the almost $140 ($150 with house) a month savings State Farm had over Allstate.

Moral of the story is check with your insurance company and remember if you switch you will need the extra money for the new insurance company.
I'm at about $65 a month with State Farm. My GF had to switch to Allstate when she moved in with me and started renting out her house (State Farm will not insure rental properties). Just for kicks, I asked Allstate about their rates for my truck. I almost choked, almost laughed and politely declined their "services".
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs