Vehicle: 2012 Hemi express quad
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:195
RAM EM has a spectacular aura aboutRAM EM has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpToNoGood View Post
Just for the record I didnít invent this but read it from others posting how they did it in different threads. Now I wanted to pass on this easy and simple way to debadge without blisters on the fingers.

Step 1 is removing the badge. Most will say use fishing line and that did work for the first door. However I found it easy to use a paint stick to remove the badge. Disclaimer I did this late in the afternoon when the badges were nice and hot. Take the paint stick and grind it on the driveway making the end sharp like a putty knife. It doesnít take long at all to get a nice edge on the paint stick. Work the paint stick between the badge to be removed. Sometimes I had to hit it from both sides.
Using either fishing line or the paint stick resulted in sticky foam being left behind on the truck so use whatever option makes you happy.

Step 2 is removing the foam and sticky glue. This is probably the part most hate. This is where the paint stick comes in to save time and sore fingers. With the sharp edge of the paint stick scrap off the foam. It comes off so easy and it doesnít hurt the paint what so ever. Once you have all the badges and foam removed the only thing that will be remaining will be the sticky glue. Now spray the remaining glue with glue be gone or goo be gone. Continue to scrape the glue with the paint stick. All the glue will slide in to a nice neat pile as long as it is wet from the Goo be gone.

You will have to work the final shadow of the badge off with some elbow grease, but I found it to be much easier using the paint stick.

Feel free to add to this if you know a better way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Oh I know what that is, I just wasn't sure he was speaking of scrapping a wooden stick on his clear coat???
DO NOT use this method to remove your badges!! The potential to mess up your paint job is a certainty!
No offense OP, I'm glad it worked out for you, but a wooden paint stick could easily scratch the clear coat, especially when you "grind" it down on the driveway, which could embed particulates from the driveway into the paint stick, making it even more abrasive!
Fishing line or a body filler scraper are the best methods for removing the emblems. A 3M wheel is by far the quickest and safest method for removing the residue. Goo gone works if you don't have/want to buy the 3M wheel, just takes a little elbow grease.

-DS Trinity- Hemifever tuned - 18" Magnaflow - BT catch can - 180 Tstat - 22" SRT10's - 305/45 Nitto 420 - SG 2/4 drop - blacked out heads/tinted tails - dechromed/debadged - 20% tint-