Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Doge Ram Quad cab 4x4
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
thekid0311 is on a distinguished road
Default Plasti Dipping entire truck

On the "Plasti Dip, use it!" thread I had posted that I was looking for something more permanent than plasti dip. Ive been doing some research and some pricing on what I would cost me to do a complete color change on my truck. For the plasti dip its gonna cost me about $150 and a full day compared to $3500 for a paint job and 3 weeks of it at the shop. Im gonna be doing a plasti dip of my truck here soon and I was gonna leave the Daytona lettering on the side silver and black out everything else. When I get the funds together and get the time Ill take pictures and do a full write up on it but I was wanting to know what you think about doing it? How it will look and everything else. Good part about it is if I don't like it I can just peel it off. From the guys at Dipyourcar.com it seems pretty durable once it cures and it still removable. If I like it I will end up keeping it that way and redoing it each year. Ive got some nicks in my paint and stuff that I want to cover up and my rear bumper is dented and scratched all to hell because my mother backed it into yellow bumble bee pole she didn't see when she was back it up one day when I let her use it and I got most of the dent out but there was not hope for fixing the paint and it bugs me so that's why Im doing this.

All thoughts and any concerns or pointers before I do is welcomed.