View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I was upgrading my 2009 RER radio with a newer version & also up dating my Navigation
My Ram was parked in my driveway & i don't live in the best neighborhood, so leaving the doors unlocked is an invitation

I had 2 CDs, one for each thing that i was doing
The was a warning that neither of the processes could be interrupted once started
I did the radio update, only took a few minutes
Then i started the Navigation map update & it seemed to go on forever
long story shortened, i had to stop the process & i caused the whole radio to go out, with the CD still in the player.
I tried everything, doing key dances, radio On/Off, doors open, doors closed, looking for a place to insert a paper clip to eject the CD, etc.

Then i remembered something that i had read about the Climate Controls & the Radio being some how tied together. With the key on, i started pressing & turning the Climate Control knobs & the CD ejected !!!
Everything worked again, i went into the house & got my spare FOB
I then restarted the Nav Map process & locked my Ram using the spare FOB & let update run, i just checked on it every once in a while. After quite some time, the process was completed & the screen displayed the prompts that i had to follow
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle