View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
Steve4578 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 5.9 magnum idling and highway speed shaking/jolting

About 6 weeks ago, I bought a 2000 ram 5.9 v8 magnum 2500.. It was sitting for about 2 years when I first got it. Got a new battery for it and it fired right up. It ran perfect for about 2 weeks and the fuel mileage wasn't that bad.. Changed the oil also. Then the problems started.. I was on the highway crushing along and decided to bring it up to 90 to see how it was at High speeds. Ran good but as soon as I got off the highway the check engine light came on. I pulled into a lot and put it in park. The truck was shaking pretty bad. I went to autozone and got them to plug in there scanner, and I had an 8 and 2 misfire. Changed the plugs and drove it for a little and it was still misfiring. About 2 days later it started running really rough. No power and sounded and shakes terribly. So I brought it to my buddies shop and he ended up pouring a bottle of techron in the intake and letting it sit over night, and it ran perfect the next day when he fired it up with no check engine light. So a week or two go by and it starts shaking again, but not as bad. The check engine light came on also. Around this time I also started getting terrible gas mileage. Usually around 180 miles on 32 gallons of gas (I have been adding techron every tank full). It also started to sputter a little when accelerating. Also above 50, when you are cruising in a high gear and accelerate, around 1500 rpm it jolts. It feels like it is misfiring but only at lower rpms, the feeling is lost like hitting a bump in the road. So anyway, I've been driving it since then and Have been getting the worst mileage and performance. Now more recently I was driving it and everytime i would go up, down, or around a hill, my oil pressure would drop to 0. I checked the oil and it was low so I added 2 quarts and it seems to be ok now, but when I start it in the morning it will blow out a cloud of blue smoke right on start up and not any other time. I am wondering if a valve seat is ba and oil is leaking into cylinder causing it to have no compression and burn oil, or if something with the fuel or ignition system is broken.

I Need help badly to fix this. If anyone else has had similar problems an found a solution please let me know!

Thanks
Sponsored links