View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of
Default Painted Visors!

Woke up to a voice mail this morning.. my visors are ready for pickup! Paint guy was able to get them painted on Friday and they cured all weekend. They had to remove the manufacturer's applied tape to paint them thoroughly so I went to Auto Zone and picked up the thinnest 3M tape I could get.. it appears to be thin enough, but we shall see when it comes time to install.

I do not have any surface prep or scotch brite pads left over.. question is do I need to find some or will it work without it by putting these back in the channels? I prepped the channels with the included prep pads and scotch brite pads originally so I am wondering if I need to do it again? Or if that one time was good enough for this reinstall? I do have alcohol pads if needed. Any help here would be appreciated. I want to ensure that these go in as solid as they did the last time.

Hopefully will figure out what I need to do it right and get them on in the next few days. Better to do it right the first time.

Here's some shots of how they look now.. my ma & pa shop did a superb job!