View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhp View Post
The guy that tinted my side and rear window's said he wouldn't do the front like your asking because of the dots. He said the tint over the dots would turn milky looking. There have been guys who have it done here with no problems. I'm sure someone else will chime in here shortly who has it done.
Milky looking.. hmm. Not something I would've expected. Only problem I foresee is the strip of tint not going on smooth and having bubbles.. thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyter View Post
I had it done and it looks great a year later. A quality shop should have no problems ensuring a smooth application over the bumps. It is a very common thing to do here in the south so the shops should have experience.
Good to know.. and you haven't had any bubbling problems with the part of the strip over the dots and Ram head? I haven't asked anyone local here yet.. not sure how popular it is to have done around here (Utah) but I have noticed it on many vehicles lately and thought it may be nice to help with the desert sun. It has a tendency to reflect a lot.