View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:12 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

And?

Rotors rust... all of them, they are bare steel and when exposed to the elements form surface corrosion. Stock rotors when sitting for 3 weeks in our winters built up a nice layer that my first brake would clean off. Notice how clean the clamping surface is? That's what matters.

Dimpled rotors don't do sh!t for braking performance (I run the same pads/rotors you do, so don't get in a bunch) they are for appearance only, and in your case, you have some corrosion in yours. Cali is a big place, but I would assume you live in a humid area for it to occur that quickly, and since you have nice pockets in the rotors that don't get cleaned out by the pads, you'll have that for a long while, but it's nothing detrimental to the rotor's performance.

These are still a great upgrade over stock, and even on my last truck they performed amazingly well for stopping my big 22s through auto-cross tracks.