View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValleyRacer View Post
There is no "best" wax. Ordinary (and cheap) Green Turtle wax is very good at removing oxidation, smog, soot, road film, tree sap etc. So if you stay up on waxing (twice a year is a little lax) you'll do well to get the GUNK off with Turtle wax, then finish a 2nd coat (or more) with a more expensive wax and detail up with a microfiber cloth.
Twice a year is NOT lax.

A top-shelf wax product [not your OTC garbage] applied twice a year is sufficient for almost any/every vehicle on the road. Environmental conditions and maintenance after-the-fact are the biggest deciding factors as far as the application's effectiveness [longevity].

I do two applications on our vehicles every year, for the most part. Once mid-Spring and the second around late-Fall. Nine times out of ten, I feel this process is sufficient.

Always remember: Preparation and application are the most important factors to address. Often, even more so than the products of choice. Prep your vehicle well prior to the fact and use the correct applicators AND application methods while applying the product.

When it comes to [high-end] automotive detailing supplies, I've found nobody knows the product like the people who manufacture them; so don't be afraid to visit the manufacture's webpage for tips-n-tricks or, even better, call them!

Good luck.

Grub out!