View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull Ya View Post
P.S.-Grubrunner--IMO before you start taking shots at Luke's way of doing things and his processes, how about you post some pictures of your work and we can compare them to the pictures Luke has posted of his work
Jay
My truck had the full detail treatment les than a week ago today. It was a six hour process inside and out. The pictures I posted on the Tape Removal thread were taken a couple of days after. They're not close up shots, or even taken under ideal lighting conditions, But its all i have. That's as close as I've got as to my work's results. I got caught in a rainstorm last night so it's a little off color now. Ill post pictures in this thread after the next bathe, as the treatment I applied will still be good to show the finished product.

Nobody is taking shots at Luke's process.... especially not me. I dont know how you came to that conclusion....?

After re-reading the few posts prior to mine, I see Luke was speaking about the [gentle] IPA wipe down in regards to the visual inspection during the polishing process and prior to the wax application. That's not what I thought. My bad.

I was replying about using IPA as a stripping tool only for removal of all prior residue. Not everyone uses IPA to strip the old wax and remove any standing contaminants was my point. A quality APC product will do the job just as well as IPA, in terms of removing all prior waxes, sealant or glazes. For the most part, anyway..... He'll, under those conditions, even a clay bar will do a good portion of what IPA does. But, for the record, IPA could never do what clay bar does.

Hope all that's not as clear as mud.

Grub out!