View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Just got my bull bar on. Mounted it using the tow hook bolts, despite the manufacturer telling me I wouldn't be able to keep/use my hooks after installing their bar. Just had to saw a few slots into the air dam to pass the mounting brackets through.. worked like a charm.. looks like a factory install

Detailed walk through..

Lowered the air dam to allow my husband a bit more room to use the power drill..

Installed the support plates to the tow hook anchor bolts, marked an outline of the plates and drilled two holes so we could see where to drill from underneath..

We snapped the air dam back into place then, using a 3/4" wood drill bit, made two larger holes...

We made a masking tape guide and then used a jig saw to create the slot for the plate to drop through..

The plates fit through the first slots we cut, but we didn't take into account the bolts.. so we made a few more cuts with the jig saw and all fit fine after that..

Then we mounted the bar and called it a night.. we have a little adjusting to do still, but we had worked through our normal dinner time, were getting tired and needed a drink!