Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RAM13SD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elam Harnish View Post
I installed my Bak Rollx yesterday. My observations:

1) It's a very nice look.
2) I drive a regular cab short bed with the SXT Sport PLUS group. Once installed the exhaust note is more muted. IOW, it's a little quieter in the cab.
3) There's a little shake to the cover that you can hear when going over "washboard" like surfaces. I park in a deck that has a very poor surface, i.e. like a washboard. You can hear the cover flex as the truck goes over the "up and down" surface of the deck's ramp. It's not excessive. No more noise than a small rock dislodging from the tread and hitting the inside of the wheel liner.
4) This last is more of a question. I've attached two pictures; one to give you perspective on the left rail of the truck and two to show you how the end of the rail matches up to the gap between the tail gate and the back of the bed. You can see a significant gap there. My question is whether water will run into this gap and into the bed. Anyone have any experience with this?

I got another brand and got the trail seal and no problems in wet weather or car wash. I had the ROLL X on with and without the trail seal before giving up on the Rollx and yes it leaked in car wash. Yours looks similar to the way mine was.Im glad you like yours. I wish I hadn't got a dud YMMV