Old 06-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2015 Hellcat
Color: Sublime pearl green
Rep:71
Warwagon will become famous soon enough
Default 3:55 6spd vs 3:21 8spd 1/4 mile test

Okay here goes lol....

I had a 09 sport with the 5 speed and 3:55's, I now have a 13 with the 3:21 and 8 speed combo.
I know the new truck gets out of the hole a LOT faster than my 09 but seems to fall on its face in 3rd gear.

I have enough miles on my truck now I'm willing to make 3 passes for comparison sake at the DRAG STRIP, NOT THE STREET!!!!!

I was in Picton to watch some arm drop drag racing at the old airstrip and a local dealer from that area had a 13 sport with the 6 spd and 3:55's there to promote the trucks.
I couldn't get him to make a couple passes against my truck

But seriously......

The only mod on my truck is a mufflex 14
Anyone in southern ont. willing to make a couple passes at one of the tracks in southern Ontario and put too rest the questions about these different set ups once and for all?????

Please for a FAIR comparison , no other mods than muffler preferred.

If you are willing to make a few passes at the strip , lmk and we can set something up.

JUST TO BE CLEAR!!! I am NOT interested in making this a race truck or adding parts etc after this , this is simply a comparison of the 3:21's vs 3:55

I have a toy and hold a few records in race cars, I know what FAST IS

Have no desire to abuse my truck , but I have to know.

I have a AZ lic. And REFUSE to find out the winner on the street in an impromptu race. That's how folks get hurt!

So to my Ontario friends how bout we have a meet at the strip, get together , shoot the $&@" and see for real how quick on of these new 8spd 3:21's really are