Thread: CTD Towing
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2015 Ram 3500 MC DRW
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 385hp 850lb/ft (Aisin ASC69RC Automatic)
Deathrend will become famous soon enough
Default CTD Towing

So this is post could be in a number of areas, I'm putting it here because this area rarely gets much love. I'm also looking for CTD owners, not so much Hemi's.

So I have two parts to my question. Towing over 10,000 lbs, what kind of mileage do you see? So far, I've pulled a large bass boat (The day I sold it) which was jaw dropping shocking. The tong weight alone changes the ride to a degree I wasn't expecting. I've heard people say it felt like nothing was there, but this actually felt like nothing was there. MPG didn't change, still getting around 18.

I pulled an empty cargo trailer, rather large tandem box, flat nosed. Pulled easy, but honestly I was surprised at the feeling of wind resistance, I didn't think it would be as noticeable with the 2500. It dropped my MPG down to 14-15 unloaded. Kind of shocked me.

Third was around 10,000 lbs of crusher run, though not very far. The truck did pretty good. It was a bear to stop, but it was mostly city driving.

What is everyone else seeing while towing? Hows the sway with the 2500's?
2015 Laramie 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 DRW Maximum Steel
Aisin | 4.10 | 5th/Goose Prep | Air Assist | 37,800 GCWR
2013 VW Passat SEL TDI
Sponsored links