View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Are you really trying to brag about how much you abuse your vehicle? lol

I know about the laws of physics. I'm sure you don't know much about me but I have an engineering degree so I do know a little...

My point was that even though I don't drive extremely hard and beat the hell out of my truck I do drive hard and burn out and things like that fairly often and I still don't burn through tires and pads. I will say I almost never brake hard, and here in FL there's basically no hills. But as far as tires, I burn out quite a bit. I light my tires up fairly often and they are also nearly 100lb on each corner, and still I'm probably looking at 60-80k miles out of them. I just think it's weird how some people burn through pads/tires and some don't, regardless of conditions. I find it hard to believe you could abuse your truck so much that it would make tire life and brake life decrease by like 75%, and I don't even drive "like a granny". I just don't beat the hell out of it is all.

My last vehicle was an s10 and the firestones I had on there lasted over 100k miles. That truck did have no power so here was next to no burning out, only a few times dropping the clutch, but still to get that kind of mileage out of tires is pretty rare from what I see from other people. I just find it odd, I don't drive that easy to make that big of a difference, that's all.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.