View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Is tired of the BS too

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1768
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I didn't want to chime in, because I'm really not sure. If understand what you're saying then very first thing that comes to mind would the torque converter.

I'm pretty sure I understand the symptoms you're describing, and that's what they'd indicate to me. I've always stayed away from transmissions just as much as gynecology. I've looked into them and put my fingers in there, but they're just not something I'm comfortable opening up.

I do know that when you turn, the outside of the vehicle's wheels turn faster than the inside wheels, and that may be enough tension to cause a bad torque converter to disengage. Once straightened out the tension neutralizes and the torque converter could be engaging, causing the jerking sensation without a shift issue. The clicking may be coming from the torque converter.

Any possibility of getting the rear off the ground and putting a little pressure on the drive-train with the e-brake and putting an ear under there to pinpoint the clicking noise?

Admittedly this is merely a suggestion applying mechanical aptitude.

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-04-2013 at 12:14 PM.