Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
Dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
that is cheap, but the interface is needed to update, and thats another 40 bucks.

Just an FYI, I know of a few for sale (another forum) for around 260 shipped. Yup, used, but a deal. I'll PM you the link.
I would recommend that you NOT buy the PC interface kit from Diablosport- nothing wrong with it, but you can get the parts much cheaper elsewhere. DS even mentions in some of their instructions what kind of parts you need. Of course, if you buy from a vendor that includes the cables, you don't have to worry about any of this.

For the cable, you can use a regular serial cable if your computer has a serial port on it. Otherwise, a USB-to-serial adapter is all you need.

For power, you can either power it from your truck's OBD-II port (which is a little less convenient, but it's a lot more free), or you can pick up a 12V 1.0A power supply from radio shack with an N size barrel connector.

If anybody has questions about this or wants help picking out the parts, PM me and I can send you some links to the parts that you'll need.