Old 06-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
TStoyles is on a distinguished road
Question Crazy Idea!....

So I have been toying with my exhaust since i got the truck. Its a 04 scsb with the 5.7. The day I got it i went and bought a super44 flowie, which have been on all of my other trucks and I loved it!

I have always just put the muffler in the stock location and thats all. No tail pipe, no turndowns, no nothing. Just muffler.

I loved the sound of this setup on this truck! I got compliments on the sound constantly!

However!....

I lost entirly too much back pressure for these motors and was real upset at about how bad my performance tanked.

So since I had bought a SIDO muffler, I had tail pipe ran all the way out back.

It had a great sound and tone and performance was back, but just wasnt loud enough anymore.

So my brilliant ( ) idea was to cut the cats out like I did my previous trucks, which turned out beautifully!

Not soo much on this truck! Sounds like a loud straight piped pulp wood truck! and I hate it. tail pipe off - sounds horrible. tail Pipe on - sounds bad.

But then, I got an idea that I believe may be the answer Im looking for!

I got to thinking, why do all these newer "muscle cars" sound do damn mean and loud!?!?

The mufflers are at the rear of the car!!!!

So what if..... I do some LT's, into two new magnaflow cats, into a x-pipe where the stock muffler goes (where the flowie is now), then stick 2 flowie super 44 behind the rear bumper.

All the pipe would be 2.5 except for the 3" collector.

What do yall think and is there anyone who has actually tried this already?
Sponsored links