Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brown
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
RichardsonMedia is on a distinguished road
Default You are not going to believe this

I will make it as quick as I can -

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 4.7. It started running hot - so I started working my way through the system. Ended up with a new radiator - fan clutch - water pump - thermostat - radiator cap. Still ran hot.

One day it ran so hot that - by the time i got off the road - it would not start. so now a have a reman engine in it with 3200 miles. (Had 114K when i put the new engine in)

So - in replacing the engine they guy took off the a/c compressor. i just got the a/c charged yesterday - and now the truck is overheating again - unless i run the heater.

when all of this started - it got to a point where i had to run the heater all the time to keep it from overheating - then it got worse. so it seems like im at that stage again... just waiting for it to get worse.

What could be causing it to overheat? i burped it yesterday - and could see the coolant moving in the radiator. the radiator does not have any cold spots. one odd thing is when it does get hot - and i have to turn the heater on - it does not really seem very hot. sometimes the heater is extremely hot - but not when the truck is running hot.

anyone want to buy a truck with a new motor? ....cheap
Sponsored links