View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: no car
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:3238
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFOGO View Post
If I understand correctly, you had no overheating with the A/C removed? And is that with the compressor or A/C belt off? Then with it re-installed the overheating comes back? If so I'd look at the clutch on the compressor to be sure it is engaging / dis-engaging properly and not creating excessive drag. And are you using a temp. gauge that you know is accurate? Also look for a collapsing radiator hose, I had this happen once and it took forever to catch. Good luck!
X2 on the collapsed hose. I have seen this more than once. Also, are you losing any coolant? Are you running a 50/50 mix, or have you thinned it down to mostly water? Any antifreeze smell?