View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I doubt that the 93 will make much of a difference in the long run, at least without a tuner installed.

Our trucks are designed to run best on 89 octane, but will run just fine on 87 (I've been using 87 90% of the time for 3 yrs now with no issues). I'm sure that someone will correct me, but with the 93, you need either a higher compression engine, or a different air/ fuel ratio to get the most burn out of it. I personally wouldn't spend the extra money.

As for the 10% ethanol, there probably isn't much that you can do about that. I also believe that with a few rare exceptions ALL engines will burn it with no long lasting ill effects. I think it's become pretty much the standard in most of the major brand gas stations.

good luck, and hope I actually helped and didn't provide too much wrong info

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill