View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2549
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkem View Post
Well I can tell you that my buddies F150 just blew and they are not covering anything....He has a ton of warranty left but apparently they are saying that it was owner abuse????? I know this guy and he may go ten over the speed limit.... So I guess time will tell.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohawk View Post
I feel for your friend. I was there, with Ford telling me that they just aren't going to cover an emissions issue (supposedly a "dirty" EGR sensor) since it was MY fault that it needs servicing....WTF?? Long story short, they refused to repair the issue under the original 36mos bumper to bumper, the 8yr/80,000 emissions warranty, nor the 50,000 powertrain warranty, NOR the 7yr, 100,000 mile PLATINUM Ford Extended care factory warranty. They literally (they being Ford customer service) told me "Then I guess you have no choice but to sue us then because we are NOT going to cover it."

Last Ford at my house...FOREVER.

By the way, I tire of hearing from Ford owners that "at least Ford didn't take bailout money"...fact is, they did, along with Toyota and even Harley Davidson!

http://www.emptywheel.net/2011/08/23...rley-davidson/
These two examples apparently not isolated examples of Ford not honoring their warranty. I have heard and read this all too frequently, enough anyway for me not to consider a Ford anyway. Fact is any manufacturer can have failures and issues, with their product and some resulting in re-calls, but the expectation is they will stand behind their product.