Old 06-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew-Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black over Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:31
Hardware is on a distinguished road

I have a Bakflip F1 and this hasn't been an issue at all for me.

That said, I had a Raider cap on my last truck so rearward visibility was usually impaired (no wiper or washer on the rear glass).

Any time I've driven with the F1 folded up to the window the bed was filled with large enough object(s) that there was no real vis through the rear window anyway.

Remember too that you can fold the cover up all the way except for the last fold and leave the panels laying flat on the leading folding panel if cargo size permits that. I did a long trip (700+ kms) with a snowblower and mower on board and was able to do that. I just secured the panels with bungee cords - no issues whatsoever. It also allowed me to see the handlebars of both implements and visually check on the fly that everything was staying put (they were well secured with multiple ratchet straps anyway).

I have a factory back-up camera and trailer mirrors which also makes life pretty easy! LOL
MODS: BAKFlip F1; Head Rack; WeatherTech mud-flaps, vent visors & bug deflector; Cabella's rear seat cover; cabin air filter; Geno's Grill Quick Release Kit, PIAA Xtreme headlamps (Highs, Lows and Foglamps), WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners.