Old 06-09-2013, 03:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1992 Dodge Ram D250/350 Conv.
Trim Level: LE
Color: Two Tone Grey
Engine: 1989-1993 360ci (5.9L) Cummins diesel I6 160hp 400lb/ft
Rep:10
Mavericke is on a distinguished road

If I bought a 95 Dodge Ram.... I know they changed everything from 94 to 95....

but if I bought this 95, would I be able to yank all the 4x4 gear off of the front end and put on my 92?

Here's my thought... this 95 has everything I need/want for my 92. Seats and 4x4 and some other random parts. It has a good running Fuel injected 360 in it. I could take the engine and maybe tranny/transfer case and install them in my AMC Eagle (which I know I can do - I'm already working on doing a 360 swap anyways. This just gives me a newer 360 with fuel injection!)

That would leave me with a frame, cab and bed. Might even be able to use the frame for the Eagle to give it a solid frame instead of unibody while also giving it a nice natural-looking lift. In fact.... omg, if the length was right (which it's probably not) I could almpst literally just take the Eagle body and sit it on the 95 Dodge thus recycling everything besides the cab and bed which aren't in the best shape anyways.

Hmmmm..... the possibilities. The frame though would be a stretch. The 4x4 though.... that's what would really settle the deal.

Thoughts?

PS - No luck on the door latch mechanism yet.