View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
When the panels are braced up against the cab no bungees are needed.

When the panels are folded up except for the last "flip" (leaving the rear window unobstructed) I've used bungees. I've always done it just in case - it makes sense that the low pressure pocket of air behind the cab might cause them to lift enough to start catching fast flowing air from the sides.

I've never experimented by doing highway speeds without bungees in place as I didn't want to have the panels flip back in the wind and hit cargo (the only reason to drive with them partially open).

How often do you anticipate your wife driving with tall cargo requiring the cover open all the way to the vertical position against the window?

If it's going to be that frequent, then maybe look at getting a rolling shutter type of cover - otherwise I suspect you're over-thinking this.
Yep I think you are right too!

I worry about her because she makes me worry about her, but in the end it's really not going to happen all that often.

Mainly trips to the dump would be done without me, anything else or long trips she wouldn't do without me anyway, so I think you're right.

Bring on the Bakflip F1. LOL.....