View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2538
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight312 View Post
depends on the compression of the engine as to what octane to use also. higher compression you need higher octane. Also, if you have carbon buildup on the pistons over time. you'll ping and need higher octane gas, its artificial higher compression. I use BG 44K every 25,000 miles in all the vehicles and that stuff actually removes the carbon.

my uncle did tests on this stuff. used it on a 100,000 mile Nissan motor. pulled the plugs and used a fiber optic camera to see the tops of the pistons. ran 2 tanks of 93 octane and BG 44K in both tanks. all the carbon was gone! you could see the circle imprints and #'s on top of the piston like new!

regular injector cleaner is just snake oil. BG can only be bought at dealers also.

Chris
Yes BG 44K is good stuff, it really cleared up a very rough running motor I had years ago, made a huge difference. I thought I was told it was only available to service shops, is that not the case?