View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Is there any way to simply bypass it? Can you simply turn the system off and dump a couple PSI off and leave it like that until you need to add air to compensate for a load? I wouldn't think it needs to be active all the time if the system isn't leaking.

After just a quick glance over the install docs for the Firestone wireless system, it looks like it has a 5 psi minimum as well. The documentation wasn't very detailed though and it didn't really give any idea whether the system needed to be active or could be turned off.

Maybe I'll just have to forego the wireless option. I have a couple different 12V compressors that are a lot more beefy than the ones that come with these kits. I could hard mount one inside a Rambox and route the shrader valve right next to it. Not quite as convenient as one of these wireless setups, but would be a LOT cheaper, would allow me to run as low a PSI as I wished, and would have the output to fill tires and do other compressed air tasks.

Still, being able to just press a button on a remote would be nicer!

- DAA