View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arietem View Post
Hi, planning on the same .. going to see if I can do the Silver Metalizer Enhancer on GunMetal Gray ... I've seen the Silver on Black .. looks great .. It will look awesome and change the appearance of your truck

For those that have done it .. what process did you use to make it easy for cleanup around the rubber tire ? did you just use masking tape ? after what #spray coat did you remove the tape ? I didn't use masking tape, I just sprayed and peeled it off the tire. Came off pretty easy.

What prep process did you use to prepare the surface of the rim ? I used dawn to wash the wheels thoroughly, then I used electrical contact cleaner, sprayed the surface and let dry.

I plan to do mine while the rim/tire is still on the truck. That's how I did it. I did jack the truck up and took the lug nuts off 1) so I could get all the way in to the lug well and not get the lug and 2) so I could rotate the tire for 360 degree coverage.

I'll post photos when I do it.
Looking forward for them. Have fun! You won't regret it.

Last edited by RogerRamJet; 06-13-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: brain working faster than fingers