View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice
Default Air bags with no load?

So, I've got a '13 1500 on order, but not here yet.

Going to put air bags on the rear to help with times the bed is loaded or a lot of tongue weight.

Trying to figure out which air bags are going to work best for regular daily driving with no load in the bed. I mean, the reason I'm getting a coil sprung 1500 is for the cushy ride when empty. So I don't want to mess up that sweet smooth factory ride.

Looking at TLC and Air Lift 1000. Also looked at Firestone Coil-Rite, but I think I like the Air Lift better for inside the coil.

Right now, I think the Air Lift 1000 is looking like the best setup for not having any effect on the factory ride when the truck is empty and the air bags only have 5 psi in them. Have read a bunch of reviews and posts on them and haven't seen anyone complaining about the Air Lift bags affecting the factory ride with 5 psi in them.

Looking at the posts and reviews on the TLC bags, most guys seem to really like them, but there are also a decent number of reviews complaining about the way they affect the factory ride. Just going by what I've read so far, it sounds like they ride pretty good with only 2 or 3 psi in them, but that they are annoying with the way the tops slam and slap the empty bump stop cup on the frame. With 5 psi, they don't make annoying noises anymore but give the truck a 2" lift in the rear (when empty) and make for a bumpy ride.

Anyway... I'd really like to get as many opinions from guys that have them as I can.

So what say you? What system are you running and can you even tell it's there when the truck is empty? Good/Bad/Ugly? Happy? Regrets?

Thanks!

- DAA
Sponsored links