Luckily I had access to a wall mount spring compressor for when I first disassembled them. I had attempted a home spring compressor and while we were successful in getting the top nut off I was not comfortable compressing another couple of inches to get the spring where we needed it to reassemble. So I just finished the job with a wall mount and we had no problems.
When I took them apart this last time I rented a spring compressor from my local o'Reilly Auto Parts. It didnt appear to be anything special. I broke the rules and hit each side with an impact taking turns per compressor. When they were compressed enough I took everything apart. It went rather smoothly. (thankfully)
I got everything back together tonight and took the truck for a test drive and all clunks/noises are gone. The ride of the Bilsteins is also very impressive. Even with all the work I am glad I went the Bilstein route.