View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4362
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqudayo View Post
Asur:
In my opinion the one I did which was also in one of the post here was better because it didn't involve cutting the bracket once you cut it you can't go back.
The one I did you can always take out the wood block and take it back to stock.

this thread;
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....old+rear+seats
That is true, the 2 posts just gives members a choice. Anyways, my post was just to show that it can be done, if the member wishes to do it, he now has more than one way of doing it. My only issue with the plywood is that its not a perfect scenario either, I would maybe look into getting a 3/4 hard plastic sheet (same size as the plywood piece you installed) and install steal insert supports (3/16 thick tube cut to 3/4) that could carry the load in an accident. Which is what I am looking at doing. Plywood is very strong, but with 2 x 250lb dudes sitting in the back and a head on collision it my just give way. Another alternative might be aluminum or even aircraft or marine grade plywood also with steal 3/16th tube cut at same thickness of the plywood.