View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
That is true, the 2 posts just gives members a choice. Anyways, my post was just to show that it can be done, if the member wishes to do it, he now has more than one way of doing it. My only issue with the plywood is that its not a perfect scenario either, I would maybe look into getting a 3/4 hard plastic sheet (same size as the plywood piece you installed) and install steal insert supports (3/16 thick tube cut to 3/4) that could carry the load in an accident. Which is what I am looking at doing. Plywood is very strong, but with 2 x 250lb dudes sitting in the back and a head on collision it my just give way. Another alternative might be aluminum or even aircraft or marine grade plywood also with steal 3/16th tube cut at same thickness of the plywood.
That I like very much.
but now that I (we) know it works that can always be an upgrade, I'll keep 250 pound dudes out of my back seat till then...LOL
even thou to be honest with you even if something were to happen as sever as that the seat belts and seats are still bolted to the floor/frame if we were to get hit like that we would have bigger issues.
but just in case keep the heavy dudes out of the back.

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.