Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd
Trim Level: its just an old truc
Color: white and bare metal
Engine: 1995-1997 318ci (5.2L) Natural Gas V8 200hp 430lb/ft
Rep:20
P7MAN is on a distinguished road
Post Need some Troubleshootin Know How

Hello everyone! I HAVE MULTIPLE ISSUES--NO NOT MENTAL STOP IT!! LOL Well maybe a little but wrong forum! I am relatively new owner of my first truck - my dodged ram 1500 5.2l 2wd, so far over the last 18 months, I ve been slowly building up her mechanical reliability if you will.. first was the tranny, which has been working great till I got a leak about a month ago, Finally found it and I think I fixed that but, as of about two weeks ago, my radiator started leaking fluid and she" hi whines" in neutral and park. Occasionally I can romp on the gas while in gear, force her through the changes and when I come to a stop she'll finally "kick down" to the it normally sounds at idle. I cant figure out why it s doing that, nor why she leaks radiator fluid intermittently, (no damage visible) once the temp hits normal, that's when you can see it leaking. Not a whole lot, but enough.
Also, I would like to drain and flush out and refill the tranny the radiator and the oil. Does anyone know a good how to guide on draining the tranny changing the filter and refilling it? Same with the Radiator?

I know simple for probably most of you but I build computers and networks from ground up, not cars. But I don't know any mechanics to work on her and quite frankly don't trust anyone else. So, here I go learning how tear apart and build my truck, cuz shes cool and I always wanted to. If anyone can help with these things I could sure use the good advice before I do it. Thank you in advance!
=p7man
Sponsored links