View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 11:17 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend dropping your cutoff RPM down to 5400-5500 as the trans begins shifting at 5600-5700 and you can easily overrun the engine or bounce off the rev limiter and put it into limp mode, which can have very bad results at the track. That is, unless your tune allows you to rev to 6200, which isn't a great idea unless you have upgraded the springs.

If you want to spare your trans, the 2K is a good starting rpm, you might even just run a skip shift and spray all the way down the track; I know I blew through my 1st gear in a hurry when I was spraying off the line.

One stage colder as you are now is about the limit of the plugs for the 125 shot, if you want to go bigger I'd look at a set of Brisk plugs, they're shielded and shed heat better so you don't start cooking the projected tips like you do on the NGKs. I've cooked a few NGK ground straps running my throttle plate system at 150 and those were 2 stages colder.

You might get stopped by a tech guy at a track because of the mechanical oil gauge in the pillar, some tracks don't allow fluids to be piped into the cab, especially fuel, coolant, or oil, but it's totally dependent on the track.