View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

There is a slight misunderstanding about the Uconnect system. Uconnect is an accessory brand name. It's not any one part of the system. In the case of the RHB & RBZ radios, you have:
1) The radio which is built by Mitsubishi,
2) The Telematics module which is built by different supplier,

The Telematics module is an external module for the hands free operation which creates the "Uconnect hands free system" and has absolutely nothing to do with the radio. Each component has it's own SW version and does not affect each other. The Uconnect (Telematics) module gets it's update by using a thumb drive and the radio gets it's update by using the disc.
So this is not a Uconnect related issue, it's a Mitsubishi issue. When you talk to someone "from Uconnect", you're not talking to a person from the radio or the Telematics suppliers. You're talking to a person in a room with scripts, usually employed by Chrysler and little knowledge about how the system actually works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
Never had black screen. got my truck june 2012 and it was blue.

This also isnt a Chrysler/Dodge issue. Its a uconnect issue. Look at their site, https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do . Once you enter your VIN #, it will take you to uconnects info, and show you that this update Disc costs $150 through their site. When I called them and explained I just bought my truck, and I wanted the update for free (before I knew they were sending them out) The lady informed me that They were just the company who produces the upgrades. They they sell the upgrades to Uconnect, and Uconnect sells the finished product radio to Chryser, and they install it.

This update also changes some minor graphics on the GPS Nav system, improves route times, and gives you faster and more accurate turn by turn directions. I do enjoy the quicker re-routes, and calculations it performs..but I wish I could have at least started out with that black screen.

Last edited by xsdbs; 06-17-2013 at 10:25 AM.