View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
hemipowerv8 will become famous soon enough

Ok I have the 5" tips on the way picked em up from Discount Auto Performance and they were immediately shipped out so home waiting on the UPS guy (needs signature ) and hope to have em on this week! Will be removing the resonators to do so...hope the resonance doesn't get louder but I'd love a slightly deeper tone.

So I *like* the 18" and I think I may swap to the 14" Magnaflow for a bit louder in a year or so...but the way my mechanic did the exhaust I am now thinking to go to a DI/DO Magnaflow and utilize the ones with the internal X pipe as I hear great things about em. Anyone here done this? Would be more like a true dual setup but single muffler with internal X. I like the idea of that a lot.

I had the Mag Y pipe and the 18" muffler and brought them to him without specific instructions. He dislikes the way the exhaust runs stock so cut off behind the cats and rerouted it with stainless 2.5" pipe to the Y which is now right infront of the muffler...noticing that made me think...might as well cut the Y out and put in the DI/DO 18" true X Magnaflow (or go to the 14" now but I am enjoying the depth and limited noise of the 18 so undecided here...certainly won't go with the 11" one as that would be louder than Flowmasters according to a friend)

Any experience? I don't expect much sound difference...I would imagine a bit louder and probably flow a bit better but probably not even very noticeable...which is why I even ASK instead of just doing it...here are pics of the setup now...and the Mag I am considering...

What do you guys think? Worth doing? I have a 14" SI/DO Magnaflow I never installed I can sell as well as the 18" once it comes off...so net cost would be nothing really...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magnaflowfront.jpg (126.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg magnaflowtorear.jpg (123.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 12468.jpg (23.0 KB, 30 views)
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Next: Gorilla lifetime lug nuts, CAI, Diablo tune.