View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Still smarter'n a redneck

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I'm not real familiar with this year but the title caught my attention.

That is the ONLY reason I'm checking it out. However...I would check any vacuum lines leading from the transmission to the intake for any transmission fluid.

I had issues on older vehicles that had a modulator valve and occasionally when leaving a toll booth or traffic light... POOF a big puff of white smoke, and then it'd go away and maybe not do it for awhile.

The only other thing that I know of that'd produce white smoke is coolant.

I really don't know but I'm leaning towards transmission fluid. I really would like to know if I'm close. Maybe one of the members can help as to whether or not there is such a vacuum line on your year.

(edit) I use transmission fluid to fog my engines for storage. It lubricates and coats the inside. When I fog it (i.e. white smoke referred to as fog) it smokes white. just thought I'd add that.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-17-2013 at 06:43 PM.