Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Dude View Post
I wanna check my oil later today and I'm pretty sure they use synthetic, but I just wanna be sure. So, what type of oil do 1500's use?
I highly doubt it is full synthetic, probably more of a semi, but it might not even be that?

What I want to know is, is the oil an actual "Break in" oil or is it just because it's the oil in use to break in the engine, it is referred to as "Break in" oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
the oil they use at the dealership right now is actually Shell's PennzoilŽ 5w-20 conventional and Shell RotellaŽ motor oil for Diesel engines, the most preferred brands in their respective categories
the can/bottle will not read SHELL, it will have a MOPAR label

Shell has the current contract with Chrysler, it has been Mobile One & other brands in the past

http://media.chrysler.com/newsreleas...id=10790&mid=2

Pennzoil is great oil, it constantly receives great UOA's and VOA's at bob is the oil guy.com (bitog.com) from all kinds different motors and manufacturers.

I currently have 2, 5 litre jugs of of 5W-30 I'd like to use but I am leery because of the weight difference.

I doubt very much any harm could be done using it as opposed to the 5W-20, but I think I will wait until my motor has at least a few thousand miles on it first.