Old 06-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2005 Doge Ram Quad cab 4x4
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
thekid0311 is on a distinguished road

Had to change it up. My idea with JB weld failed. I did this last sunday and Ive towed my travel trailer and just did daily driving and well the JB weld just didn't hold up to the task and cracked so my line started leaking. I was able to still use the T I had originally used and I just went back to Advance and got a foot of 3/8th tranny cooling line(got for free because they had a scrap piece laying around) and went to lowes and got some hose clamps that fit up to 7/16ths and also 3/8ths barbed fittings. I fought with JB weld that wasn't cracked and got the compression fittings to bust loose and I put red lock tight on the threads of the barded fittings and tightened them into the T as much as I could and then took about 3inches of cooling line and but it on the barded fitting and then put a hose clamp on it and tightened it down on each end. When I get the remaining 3 inches of hose on my metal tranny line it was a tight fit and I used two hose clamps on it. I put one at the very end and the other where the metal tranny line stopped that way I had two means of preventing a leak again. Other than that it has worked great. Hind sight being 20/20 now I should have taken pictures while I was doing it but I was just a little irritated while I was doing it so that was the last thing on my mind.

Leasons Learned
Don't use JB weld like I did the first time and just go with rubber tranny cooling line and it will work out great. I love JB weld but I just wish it was meant for high continuous heat.

I tried to find a guide for this prior but couldn't so Im hoping that this helps someone else out who is considering the same thing and will save them some time and money. It really is easily done but it can be a pain if you just kinda hope for the best like I did.

Pics will be up in the next day or so of what it looks like when its finished.