View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Is tired of the BS too

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I have an Ingersoll Rand 19.2 v like this one:

It was around $500 when I bought it with the battery and charger. It's got some really nice features for a piece of crap. The battery went dead after about 8 months. After a year of dealing with the company and it sitting in a drawer in my tool-box, they finally reached the conclusion that the serial number on the battery was included in a batch of defects, and sent me a new one. I didn't buy a replacement because I didn't want to spend the $260 on a battery after 8 months of very gentle usage.

Anyway, they sent me the replacement battery. I used it for almost another 9 months and the same thing. I thought Lithium Ion batterys were supposed to be pretty good.

After I got the second battery I started to notice some play in the bearing up at the nose of the gun, and since it spent more time in the tool box than on the floor or in my hand I didn't know what to do. Contacted IR. They said that it was past the warranty and I tried to explain I used it about as much as a birthday candle, the original battery had died and they could verify that...etc. Had to start lubricating the nose bearing every time I used it. THAT battery died shortly thereafter.

When it was working EVERYTHING had to be broken by hand and finished with the gun.

Do Not Buy An IR Cordless.

On the otherhand. My IR 231 is 20 years old and can stop and reverse the new Snap-On MG725 at full trigger, head to head.

Except that the IR now has the 231A, b etc... which don't even compare to a 20yo gun and still going strong.

The Cordless is still sitting in my tool box with the charger and crap battery if anyone want's to buy a new battery for it. I'm not spending any more money on this POS and it can just continue as a door stop.

Last edited by Warlock III; 06-20-2013 at 01:16 PM.